Carla Dove is an Ornithologist at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. In this Feb. 12 Webcast join her in analyzing the remains of birds from airplane strikes and other events. See how she and her team use various types of evidence to identify the birds.
You might also like:
- Meet Our Scientist: Forensic ornithologist Carla Dove explains bird-strike science
- Aircraft bird-strike reports can save lives. New video shows how to report, collect and ship evidence
- Invasive pythons in Florida now stealing bird eggs straight from the nest
- Dodo bird a resilient island survivor before the arrival of humans, study reveals
- Scientists find impact of open-ocean industrial fishing within centuries of bird bones