The giant panda cub born at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo Aug. 23 received her first veterinary exam late yesterday afternoon and was given a clean bill of health. Mei Xiang (may-SHONG), who has spent much of the past three and a half weeks cradling her cub, put her down and left her den at 4:11 p.m. Click photo to see more images.
You might also like:
- Giant panda Mei Xiang gives birth at Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- Panda cub born at National Zoo to Mei Xiang
- Hormone tests show Mei Xiang, the National Zoo’s female giant panda, may be pregnant
- New panda cub dies at National Zoo
- National Zoo’s giant panda cub is a girl!