- How do paleontologists identify dinosaur teeth? Smithsonian Curator Matthew Carrano identifies Cretaceous dinosaur teeth from the Washington D.C. area.
- Conrad Labandiera, Smithsonian palentologist, studies fossils to learn how insects got along before flowering plants arrived
- Scientists discover long-beaked echidna may not be a thing of the past in Australia
- Details of ancient shark attack preserved in fossil whale bone
- Ancient bond between humans and dogs revealed in isotopic signatures of their bones